Friday, May 27, 2011

Entry Eight: Images Expressing Emotions

 Angry

(clockwise)
1. I chose this image of Tyra Banks because of her undeniably angry expression.  She usually has such a beautiful face and I thought this was a great depiction of how an angry expression can make a person, even Tyra Banks, not look very beautiful.
2.  This angry little boy is a common sight for parents.  I chose to include this image because, as a parent, I can totally relate to the person on the receiving end of this.
3.  Angry Birds... I'd be angry too if I got flung around all over the place and into walls! 
4.  I chose to include this image of two professional baseball players duking it out on the field because of its perfect portrayal of anger. 
5.  I included the image of the wrinkles between the eyebrows because of something my daughter would say to me when she was 2 years old.  She would call my deep wrinkle between my brows my "mad" because of its presence during my angry moments.
6.  What portrays anger more than a fierce, sharp-toothed dog?  This angry animal should not be messed with!

Sad
1.This is a photograph of my baby girl right after she was born.  You can almost hear her cry by just looking at her sad face.  It's heartbreaking.
2.  I love this image of the kitten and its reflection on the glass.  It induces a strong sense of sympathy and hope that someone will give this homeless feline a home.
3.  The photograph of this woman, to me, is at the polar end of the sadness spectrum... It's agonizing.  As a "reader" of the image, the message it sends is almost painful.  It's an ideal expression of sadness.
4.  I created this bluish-gray rectangle to express the emotion associated with this color.  This is the color of rainclouds which are also associated with sadness and gloom.
5.  This puppy is too cute.  It illustrates the phrase "sad, puppy dog eyes" in a way the makes the reader just want to give the poor little guy a big hug.

Joyous

 1.  Nothing in the world could produce more joy than what I have experienced with the birth of my two girls.  This image is of myself and my two girls soon after giving birth to my second daughter.  It was my older daughter's first time meeting her baby sister.  It was definitely a joyous occasion.
2.  I love this colorful image of people who are "jumping for joy".  It's exciting and moving.
3.  This is my happy baby.  I love her expression because it's greater than just a smile; it's true joy.
4.  My older daughter was extremely excited about a present she got at Christmas time.  I chose this image because of her incredible expression.
5.  I liked this image of the girl with the stuffed bunny because of the excitement it invites.
6.  The image of the word "joy" written in the sand actually produces a sense of joy in the reader.  To me, the beach represents peace, content, and pure happiness.  This is a great portrayal of that.

Uninspired

1.  The first thought that came to me with the word "uninspired" was writer's block.  There have been countless times in my academic life where I have been completely stuck in not-knowing where to begin for a writing assignment.  A blank piece of paper and a tapping pencil is something I can relate to.
2.  I chose to include this image of a photographer because, to me, it tells a story of a photographer without any inspiration.  Here, he appears ready to take a photograph but either doesn't have any subjects to take  pictures of or is unsure of what to take pictures of.
3.  A blank canvas... One can assume the artist is lacking inspiration because nothing has been painted yet. 
4.  This black dress could possibly be cute on someone.  However, I chose to include this because, to me, it's uninspired.  There is no form, no unique design, no color. 
5.  I really like this image.  The man seems lost, unsure, and uninspired


Scared

                             

1.  This image perfectly depicts the phrase "scaredy cat."   Even if the dog isn't aggressive, the poor kitten is struck with fear.
2.  I like the comic-like illustration of this image.  It reminds me of older movies like the original King Kong- I would be afraid of a giant gorilla too.
3.  Haley Joel Osment's character in the film The 6th Sense truly emits fear in the viewer.  I chose this image from the movie because of the raw sense of fear it portrays.
4.  One more movie image- this one is from Chicken Little.  I included this image because the characters are scared of something and it induces fear in the viewer.
5.  Lastly, this is my daughter covering her ears and looking scared.  My husband was setting off loud fireworks which was a little scary for my girl, yet she couldn't turn away. It's funny how fearful things have the affect.

No comments:

Post a Comment